Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
GBCI: 0920011059Programs and policies backed by the United Nations have shaped the world we live in for the past half-century. The latest program, which has been in development for four years, is the release of the Sustainable Development Goals. By 2030, these Goals aim to combat the world’s most wicked and pressing problems, including poverty, hunger, and climate change, among many others.
- 3.5 CE
Published on: December 22, 2016
Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development is a set of seventeen aspirational "Global Goals" with 169 targets between them. Join us as GBRI’s Senior Research Associate Sarah Spencer explores the UN Sustainability Goals, analyzes each Goal, and invites each of us to be a part of this historic movement.
Since this course series runs over 3 hours, we broke it into 3 parts so that users may watch it on their own schedule. Note that the series as a whole is approved for CE and each part is separately approved for CE hours as well. As you can see - each of these 17 goals represent or address an important issue in today’s world. Depending on your interest, you may jump into any part as you wish. When watching this course on-demand, you also have the option of just viewing the goals you are most interested in.
- Understand the UN’s contributions to social equality, human wellness, and the environment; and the process used to develop the Goals
- Identify each Sustainable Development Goal
- Analyze the Targets of each Goal
- Understand how governments, businesses, and individuals can have an impact on achieving the Goals
- Learn how to take immediate participatory action in favor of the Goals